With network competition intensifying, fueled with the launch of 4G services by O2 and Vodafone in August, the ability to provide customers with a fault-free experience becomes increasingly more important.
No more so than when operators acquire various operations across multiple countries and need to integrate systems as quickly and seamlessly as possible, avoiding any interruption to service.
TeliaSonera’s story is a good example of how to overcome this type of complex integration challenge. For TeliaSonera, the need to implement a single Network Operations Centre meant integrating IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus and HP TeMIP fault management systems.
In this instance, our involvement was to provide TeliaSonera with an ‘off the shelf’, bi-directional management information interface between its IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus systems and HP TeMIP Fault Management systems.
Once implemented, TeliaSonera’s rapid deployment and integration of the required systems, in very short timescales, meant:
- Highly resilient and performant framework for the transmission of TeMIP alarms into NetCool OMNIbus and vice versa
- Bi-directional Liaison handles the transmission of alarms, correlated clears, alarm status and attribute changes into NetCool OMNIbus and TeMIP
- Configurable filtering and selection of the alarms to be transmitted between the NetCool OMNIbus and TeMIP environments
- Heartbeat monitoring and fully automated alarm resynchronisation supported
- Simple user-implementable customised mapping between TeMIP and NetCool OMNIbus alarm attributes via dynamically reloadable mapping rules
ZenUM Netcool TeMIP Liaison answered the TeliaSonera challenge with regard to functionality and time constraints. Find out how we worked with TeliaSonera to achieve this, and what the benefits were, by reading the full case study.