We are recruiting for a full time Support Engineer, based in our Whitstable office in Kent. To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
SysMech is a successful private company providing leading edge solutions to the Telco sector. Our products/solutions are deployed in a number of Tier 1 Telcos in Europe mainly under 8/6 support but some on 24/7 basis.
Integration & Support Function
• Work as part of a team providing professional and comprehensive support to Sysmech customers.
• Maintaining/Improving technical diagnostic information for different solutions/products/customers
• Working alongside project development teams to both gain experience of the product/solution and assist in testing, integration and deployment.
• Providing customer feedback on their issues as they are progressed and record any interactions within the call handling system.
• Recreating problems in house and providing evidence where bug fixes are required.
• Provide out of hours cover for Priority 1 support calls (initially 1 weeks in every 4)
• Proven experience supporting Linux Red Hat/CentOS environments
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux clustered environments
• Experience in Linux and Windows networking
• Knowledge of file transfer protocols such as rsync and scp
• Skills in BASH scripting and automation of repeated tasks
• Proven experience supporting SQL databases with good SQL querying knowledge
• Ability to work logically and methodically.
• Good communicator – Verbal and written.
• Fast learner, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Some Telecommunications knowledge (Radio & Fixed wire)
• Programming and shell scripting skills using Python/Bash
• SAN & Storage experience and exposure
Note: Where relevent, SysMech will conduct a DBS and refrence checks on all candidates recieving job offers.